Saturday, October 6, 2018

Diogenes of Sinope

You can have peace of mind here and now.

Diogenes 'Dog' of Sinope (Cynic) and Alexander the Great of Macedonia

Alexander (in a tempestuous mood): arise peasant don't you know who am I?

Diogenes (scornfully and sarcastically): who do you think are to demand deference?

Alexander: (megalomaniac laugh) I'm your king, who'll soon dominate Persia.

D: what for?

A:  Glory, a lasting reputation, happiness

D: Then what?

A: Asia

D: What for?

A: More of the above

D: What will you when there are no world's left to conquer?

Narrator: Then Alexander did weep for he hadn't conquered yet one world.

D: I've all those things in my character where moth and rust doth not corrupt. I sleep in jars and temples. All my possessions I carry in this napsack. I'm a Dr of the soul I teach people that their faulty knoweldge claims about social conventions causes emotional disturbance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

یہودی مذہب شاید دنیا کا واحد مذہب ہے جس میں خدا پر اعتراض اور اس سے شکوہ و شکایت کو کئی حلقوں میں سرے سے معیوب ہی نہیں سمجھا گیا

 یہودی مذہب شاید دنیا کا واحد مذہب ہے جس میں خدا پر اعتراض اور اس سے شکوہ و شکایت کو کئی حلقوں میں سرے سے معیوب ہی نہیں سمجھا گیا بلکہ الٹا ...